Every year, approximately 43 million Americans move to a new location. Some might move across the street from their parents and some might move across the country. No matter the distance between two places, a new move can be a great fresh start for someone — especially a young person who is still finding his or herself.
No matter where you’re moving, it’s best to work with residential moving professionals in order to quickly and efficiently relocate. Without working with professional Alexandria movers, for instance, you could be running around on the day of your move, stressing out over missed boxes, unlabeled items, and all other issues. Alexandria movers can help your move go much better — so take advantage of their professional moving assistance.
U.S. News measured the annual average growth rate of people between the ages of 25 to 29 years old in each state over a three-year period from 2013 to 2016, in order to see where the majority of young Americans were relocating to. The national average was a 1.9% growth rate. Here are the 10 most popular states that young people are moving to:
- North Dakota — You could poll almost any amount of people on the street, and no one would guess North Dakota as a popular spot for millennials. The state has enjoyed plenty of economic growth over the last few years and America’s youth have noticed — and contributed. Young population growth: 5.1%.
- Washington — Millennials love coffee and tech — Washington, specifically Seattle, are filled with coffee and tech. A perfect match. Young population growth: 3.6%.
- Michigan — Millennials also love coming up with new ideas and innovations, and Michigan is actually great for patent creation, ranking in the top 10. Young population growth: 3.4%.
- Florida — Florida is great for visiting, but this beautiful state is also perfect for young people starting their lives. Young population growth: 3.3%.
- South Carolina — Myrtle Beach and Charleston are extremely popular for millennials. Plus, the University of South Carolina’s out-of-state student body has been significantly growing. Young population growth: 3.2%.
- Delaware — Although Delaware might not come to mind when people think about great states for millennials, its beaches and healthy market are extremely welcoming to America’s youth. Young population growth: 3.2%.
- Tennessee — Tennessee’s most exciting city, Nashville, has had approximately 100 people moving to the city each day from July 2015 to July 2016. Young population growth: 3.2%.
- Oregon — A popular area of the state, Benton County, actually has a median age of only 32.5 years. Young population growth: 3.0%.
- Arizona — Over the last few years, many more people have been entering Arizona, rather than leaving — especially millennials. Young population growth: 3.0%.
- Nevada — Some millennials are actually leaving California in order to take advantage of Nevada’s affordable housing market and lower cost of living. Young population growth: 2.9%.
If you’re ready to make the next big jump in your life and relocate to a new home, it’s best to contact Alexandria movers right away and start getting everything ready. Contact Craig Van Lines today and speak with their moving professionals! Good luck!